Who needs a phone?

I'll just call grandma on my cracker!










.


.

.



.
.

This was a huge step today! Come celebrate with me! He thought this up all on his own with no encouragement or modeling or coaching. I felt like I was walking on air for a moment or two.

This little boy takes things so literally. Cars must be cars and they must drive flat on the floor/road. They cannot fly through the air or make any sounds that might vary from "car-like". Blocks are meant to be used to build towers, they can't drive like cars or be used to build roads. Blankets are meant to be used on the bed, not play hide-and-seek with or to hang up for the sides of a fort. In the last couple of months he has decided that in order to be an effective superhero blankets can be capes, blocks can be hand held super devices and today a graham cracker can be a phone.

HURRAY!!!!

We are finally moving into some pretend play which means that he's taking another step up the ladder of social play skills.

I hope he and grandma had a nice conversation.

I wonder what kind of reception graham crackers get...

6 comments:

Catherine Cazier said...

That is great news! Glad to here that things seem to be going well. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday's!

pebble said...

Yipee! Certainly a cracker is cheaper than a cell...and when he gets one of those he probably won't want to call Grandma...this is so so cute. Wonderful!

Miranda said...

So cute! I hope you have many more moments like these. :o)

DJ Thunder said...

I was glad I was there to see this, it was so CUTE! I love this kid and his imagination :) Thanks wife for taking the pics, and capturing the moment :)

C Dawn's bucket said...

Honey you forgot to include "New Hi-Tech Phone: My youngest Tim is now using the Cracker Phone X9000, working on the one and only Grahm 4G network. The X9000 Cracker phone gets perfect reception everywhere, especially when calling Grandmas!"

Corey said...

That IS wonderful! (and totally adorable!) Hopefully this spark will lead to a wildfire..

xoxo
Corey

With What Shall We Fix It?