Today. . . .

Today I accomplished:

1. Cleaned Living Room and Kitchen twice apiece
2. shoveled the sidewalk, driveway, neighbor's sidewalk, then started all over again on ours
3. Went sledding on nearby hill with the boys for an hour or so until we were all frozen
4. Read 2 chapters of scriptures
5. baked yummy banana bread
6. Read aloud with the boys so they could practice ( *sad face* they wanted to stop when I wanted to keep reading. I guess we'll find out the ending tomorrow)

Today I am thankful for:
1. Finally motivating myself to take the boys outside. It wasn't so bad once I was out and they had a blast.
2. Powdery snow, which was light and easy to shovel or sweep as the case may be.
3. Yummy smells of baked goods the pervade the entire house
4. Do-overs
5. Mostly obedient boys who learn quickly that mama means it and buckle down and do their math practice problems even though school is out and their teacher didn't say they had to

Today had some memorable moments. Most notable are:
1. The Comedian came in with a great big grin on his face to let me know that he was "all sugared up" (Heaven save us all, he has enough energy on his own)

2. This conversation is totally priceless!

B: “I don’t know how to read minds!”
S: “ I know how to read minds and your mind is saying “How can he read my mind?””
B: “How did you do that? Mommy, tell me how you read minds”
M: “I don’t know”
B: “Ha! Ha! Mommy doesn’t know how to read minds! S how do you read minds?”
S:” I’m reading my own mind”
B: “I’m reading my mind and guess what my mind says? “Hey give me your toys!”
B: "Now I’m reading your mind and guess what your mind says, “HANDS OFF!”

3. All my boys (including Papa) snuggled together on the couch watching OVERHAULIN'

4. The little Tyrant came downstairs with all his comfort items (his kitty cat wrapped in his blanket with a binky in his hands) and put them on my lap and asked me to "shnuggle" him.

0 comments:

With What Shall We Fix It?