Daily thoughts

Today (again truly yesterday) I am thankful for:

1. Friends who willingly take my boy to ease my load as I juggle the Tyrant's therapy schedule

2. Nap-time (both the children's and mine)

3. Writers who can truly take me away for a time (thanks Mercedes Lackey for the new book)


Today (although few in number they felt like much more) I accomplished:
1. Took the Tyrant to his appointments

2. Read Gwenhwyfar: The White Spirit by M. Lackey and was taken into a much more believable and empowering (in a the "lady likely does not feint or simply live for bon-bons and cocoa puffs" way) tale of King Arthur (well more likely that of Gwenhwyfar) while the Tyrant napped and no one else was at home instead of doing housework....

3. Made a pasta salad (that we mistakenly abandoned--oops) and took the boys to the Church Christmas Dinner even though I didn't want to go

4. Watched "Numbers" even though it was a re-run and then went to dreamland

Some Memorable Moments of the day--

1. The Engineer was reading aloud a Batman novel in the van on the way home from the Christmas dinner and when I told him that maybe he should start reading me bedtime stories he replied, "Well I could do that....but could it be Batman?" (nice to know he'll fit me into his schedule as long as I do it on his terms)

2. Lottie made YUMMY mini-pumpkin cheesecakes and had me do the taste-test before taking them to the dinner

3. I was (literally) ran into by NT in the halls of the church and picked him and we tick-tocked while he counted to five. The first time he landed with his head down and told me the clock had to keep "tocking" because he didn't want to be put down on his head. Brother Arradondo rescued him but thought he was one of my boys.....he's definitely one that I would keep if given the chance.

2 comments:

Lotte said...

I can hardly believe that you ran into NT - he's usually so good about watching where he is going! ;-)

If I ever consider giving him up, you would be one of the first in line. Unfortunately for you, he has quite grown on me so he may be stuck with me for a long time. I would feel bad for him, but he apparently told Heavenly Father he could handle it or he wouldn't be here. Lucky for me!

C Dawn's bucket said...

Well technically NT ran into me...as I was not moving at the time and he was. He's really cute and I love the thoughts that come out of his mouth. Thanks for sharing him with me for a few hours at a time.

With What Shall We Fix It?