Today. . .

and by today I really mean yesterday *smile*

I am thankful for. . . .
1) making too much dinner and being able to share with an unsuspecting (but hopeful) neighbor (although I did have to borrow a pan from her in order to be able to pull it all off)
2) Brown rice- I love the smell of it as I toast it before steaming
3) NT sharing with me when I told him that "I was the meanest mom in the world" that surely I was wrong because "HIS mom was the meanest mom so I couldn't possibly be" I asked him if we were mean because we were mad or because we loved our kids and he responded "I think it depends on the circumstshances"

Today I accomplished
1) Three loads of laundry washed, dried, folded and put away
2) Made dinner for 5 families and delivered them all before 6 pm
3) Read 4 more chapters of scriptures
4) Read 5 verses of scriptures with the boys before rushing out the door to take them to school
5) 2 loads of dishes
6) said "No" when a request was made that overwhelmed me
7) talked to my friend briefly between both of us juggling the needs of our children
8) enjoyed Storytime and got a few books to read in all of my *cough* spare moments
9) had a great conversation with my husband about possibilities and options and which road we should travel down for awhile
10) kept my cool with the boys all day long and didn't raise my voice once

Today had some memorable moments. Some I want to remember are:
1) My Comedian said, "Gee Mom, I really didn't need you to shake it all over me. My mouth is up here!" when I shook his antibiotic and had already opened the lid (but didn't remember doing it) and it went all over the kitchen, myself and him.
2) The Tyrant in the middle of the night calling out "Mama! Mama!" and when I went to check on him he said accusingly. "My (b)kinky fell down (a)gain!" Then when we found it on his pillow he asked for two squishes and smiled while I was doing deep body compressions on him.
3) The Engineer who started a tickle war with the un-ticklish mommy just so I'd tickle him back.

Today was a good day! It was so full that I didn't even think of the sad or worry about what news might be arriving tomorrow, or all the needs that we just can't meet for our sweet little family right now.

well. . .not much. . .

4 comments:

Valerie said...

You sure got a lot done! I loooove that you included saying "no" to someone as something you did.

Jill said...

Dinner for 5 families???!!! Must be a story behind that one. You sure got lots accomplished. I wish you wrote a report about every day. I find it so interesting, and inspiring.

btw, not sure if I got your email but I have something to send to you if you feel comfortable giving me your address. Can you contact me by email
Jillyds@sbcglobal.net

Please let us know the news. I've been praying for you and your family.

C Dawn's bucket said...

Jill,
You are so kind. Thank you for taking time to post a comment on my blog. There is a group of three of us who take turns making dinner for each other's families. My night to cook is on Thursday usually. It is also quite easy to add on another meal or two so I try to pray about who can use a boost and take their family dinner that night as well. Yesterday it was for one of my husband's HTing families who has been struggling with both of them working full time and having finals week. Then I couldn't find my other jelly roll pan and so called a neighbor up to borrow one and ended up (even though I didn't plan it) with enough to feed her family too. Service to others really helps buoy me up and I think that Heavenly Father works small miracles in order to let me do this.

I send you my information via email. I hope you got it.

Cynthia

Lotte said...

You were a busy lady! You bring so many blessings to other people's lives - I hope that I have the opportunity to return some of those blessings :-)

With What Shall We Fix It?