Flying South....

Last Tuesday I went for a walk with the two youngest boys around 8:30 in the morning it was so warm we only wore jackets. There is a wetland restoration area less than a block or so from our house and they have a paved walking trail all the way around it. So we went on a hunt for signs of spring....You'll be amazed at what we saw

A pair of ducks swimming in the river
Grass peaking out from under the melting snow
Puddles to splash in
A few Robins and other early spring birds flying through the trees
Signs of a couple of beavers starting to build a new home
Fuzzy buds on a few trees
and even a Mosquito that tried to bite my cheek

It was very reassuring that Spring was definitely on her way. It was totally the best thing for the winter doldrums that we've all been facing. I didn't post about it then because I hadn't brought along my camera and wanted to go back and get some pictures to go along with it all....

Saturday we did some yard clean-up and I even put the snow shovels away in the shed and set the leaf rake next to the porch. Well this morning we woke up to a blanket of snow, so I set off with my leaf rake to make a semi-path over to the shed to get the snow shovels out.

The Comedian says, "It will be Christmas again soon!" He's uber excited because his birthday is just a couple weeks before Christmas.

And I just decided to go out and get some wood and start a fire to warm us all up and saw a large V of Canadian Geese headed south again....so maybe he's onto something.

I knew there was a reason that I hadn't put the last of the Christmas decorations in the eves....

Oh the weather outside is frightful...but the fire is sure delightful.....

2 comments:

DJ Thunder said...

Yes, it was quite surprising to from only a trace here and there of snow on the ground, to a foot of snow this morning...HAHA. Still, while mother nature likes to tease us a little, I am sure it will not last too long.... I hope :)

Mike and Tycie said...

Hey,
Sorry for this random comment but I noticed you are a follower of Delightful Dots and I wanted to let you know there is a new site that is similar in style to DD that you might like... Check em out and see what you think! They have LDS layouts as well!

www.scrappinblogs.blogspot.com

With What Shall We Fix It?