They're coming to take me away. . .

They're coming to take me away, 
ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa.
To the happy home. 
With trees and flowers and 
chirping birds and 
basket weavers who sit and 
smile and twiddle their thumbs 
and toes and they're
coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!! 

So I think I may have a small case of paranoia.  A friend (who shall rename nameless to protect the innocent)  told me about SITEMETER which counts the numbers of visitors to your blog (or website) and gives you some basic information like where in the world they are located, if they hopped to my blog from somewhere else, if they clicked on any links to hop off my site, how long you hang out here, etc. 
You don't have to worry about Big Brother watching you because I am *grin*

And well, many more folk stop by my blog than I ever expected to.  Which started to freak me out a bit since this blog is mostly about my life and my boys and the world is unfortunately a lot less friendly and safe than it was 30 years ago.  So I wigged out and went private on ya'all.  Then I had a teeny tiny epiphany.  One of the most frequent ISP's that would sit on my site for hours at a time was my own.

So I think I'm done wigging out, and I fixed the sitemeter so that it won't list me and will thus give a more accurate representation and I decided to open my blog up once again.

However, I would like to request that if you stop by you say "hi" every once in awhile, because this blog is mostly for me and my family and I would like to know who is reading.  So if you are friends with Tori and live in Colorado and you pass by here on your way to her parent's site, or if you are a random friendly neighbor in Spanish Fork who likes to keep up with us, or if you found me from a comment on Corey's, or Christine's or Diana's blog, or....you get the picture....Let me know where you are reading from and what you enjoy about my blog

and that will keep the "nice young men in their clean white coats" at bay for a bit longer.

Thanks!

10 comments:

Corey said...

BWAHAHAHAHA!

I am Corey. I came here from Corey's. Be afraid. Be very afraid. ;-)

I still don't have all those sitemeter things figured out. I look at them and they say I have 2000 hits, and I just figure it's my mother. 2000 times. Then she's like, "what are you talking about? I haven't read your blog in a week."

I can't believe she's not hanging on my every word.

Rhonda said...

Cynthia- I think I got the link of your blog from facebook, or maybe from Jill's blog. Anyways, I love reading it. And, on my sitemeter, it says I'm from Bountiful. Weird.

Victoria said...

I didn't know about the sitemeter thing! Good to know - I'll have to look into it! Thanks for the bit of education! I always learn soooo much from you!

tina said...

When they take you away can I come to? I need a vacation
Tina

C Dawn's bucket said...

Rhonda--Welcome...didn't know you read my blog...truly nice to know...you should comment more often.

Tori...so who do you know in CO that keeps stopping by?

Corey..you give me strength and encouragement nothing to fear..and why exactly does your mother NOT hang on your every word? Sounds like time for an intervention...

Aunt T...we have some fabulous vacations planned in the month of July...in fact I think we'll all be vacationed out. I can't wait! It is one of the things that keeps me going through all the other crap going on in my life.

DJ Thunder said...

LOL... I of course love your blogs,and now you'll know who that person from your OWN TOWN is that's been stopping in....hehe. Love you sweetie :)

Mandi C said...

If it says logan...It may be from me. Or Brady. But I'll leave you guessing. ;)

Natalie said...

This is my first time stopping by your blog=) I came over from a comment on Jill's. I haven't had much time to sit and read...but I love the post below! So cute!

C Dawn's bucket said...

Welcome Natalie! I love your mother's blog. It is truly an inspiration and her words of wisdom often help me refocus my efforts in motherhood.

and by the way...isn't Jill just incredible? She is also one of my inspirations.

I hope you'll continue to read and I look forward visiting your blog as well. Looks like we have small boys in common.

Jami said...

I did that with my StatCounter too at first. WHO is this WEIRDO stalking me? Oh...never mind, just me. I think a lot of people don't realize about the blocking cookie when they first start.

With What Shall We Fix It?