Morning after. . . .

Yesterday was a busy, busy, busy day. Sometimes I felt like I should be a mom on a sit-com juggling everything. So today I took it easy.. . . . well easier. . . .

Today I am thankful for. . . .

1. Friends who pray for me, even when they aren't really sure what is making me struggle. I feel their prayers and it made for a much better day than I had feared it would be. I forgot to thank them and express my gratitude to them yesterday.

2. Snow and green air. . .

3. Naps! I really needed one today and all the stars aligned to make that possible.

4.

Today I accomplished:

1. Partially loaded the dishwasher before taking the boys to school.

2. Sent off my music selections for approval for this Sunday...with a huge apology for being so late.

3. Got the boys to school (even with unplowed roads) on time.

4. Took the Tyrant to his Autism class up at the University. He mostly had a good day and had made some amazing progress over the holidays.

5. Came home for 40 minutes and did some quick surface pick-up before heading back out to get the Comedian from Kindergarten, then home for microwaved Hot Pockets for lunch ....then....

wait for it. . . .

6. Took a nap with the Tyrant (while I was sleeping the Comedian watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (which is not a staple around our house but was a blessing to me today) and the DJman came home for lunch and shoveled the driveway and side-walks (bless him!) for me.) I had one of those weird dreams where I had to wake up but was too tired to wake up...for a while before I actually woke up...but when I did...I felt so refreshed and rejuvenated.

7. Remembered the almost full dishwasher and finished filling it and started the Homework hour.

8. Waited patiently for dinner (have I mentioned recently that I love my dinner swap group?) and then totally inhaled it...so good! Thanks Lotte!

Memorable Moments:
1. Napping and snugging with a 2 year old that doesn't like to be touched but did want to snuggle today! So nice! Often times I just want to squish him and have to remind myself that it is not a sensory sensation that he enjoys.

2. Sitting at the kitchen table with my little Engineer and working through some math concepts that have been giving him fits. About 3 problems in he beams "WOW! Now I see it!" followed by a hug and a "Thanks Mom!"

3. Orphans are coming home from Haiti! and miracles are happening to bring their family members to them and bring them home to their families. True, AMAZING, unheard of miracles.

4. My little Comedian so excited about being able to get up at "zero-o'clock" on no school days! He's truly precious and precocious and he tries my patience to no end. I love him so!

0 comments:

With What Shall We Fix It?