(Day 11) Thankful for. . . .


the beautiful music we have to sing as we worship

Have you ever heard of the green scriptures?
I love to read the scriptures and I love to sing from the Green Scriptures.
Many of the hymn titles start with the word "I." Using the word I makes it more personal and with that thought in mind


I offer my testimony in song titles.
I Am a Child of God.
I Know My Father Lives.
I Believe in Christ.
I Know that My Redeemer lives.
I Stand All Amazed at the love Jesus offers me.
I Feel My Savior's Love.
I Want to Live the Gospel.
I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus, I'm following in His Ways.
I Have a Family here on Earth. I want to share my life with them through all eternity.
I Need thee Every Hour, most gracious Lord.
I Thank Thee dear Father in heaven above, for thy goodness and mercy, thy kindness and love.

====================================
I Know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true.
I know my Heavenly Father lives.
I Know Jesus Christ is the living Christ.And, I know the Holy Ghost
will be my guide if I am obedient to the promptings of the Spirit.
This is my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh how I agree. I love the letter from the 1st Presidency at the very beginning of the hymn book....especially the last line that reads, "Know that the song of the righteous is a prayer unto our Father in Heaven, "and it shall be answered with a blessing upon your heads."

DJ Thunder said...

Yeah, I haven't often thought of the hymn book as being a kind of scripture, but it makes sense, and it is a great inspiration sometimes to just read the lyrics.

With What Shall We Fix It?