Engineer meets Art

My Engineer drew some special thank you cards for those who helped him celebrate his birthday. These in the top picture were designed punctually right after his birthday. I love the Choose the Right card that he gave to his Primary teachers. The one diagonal from it is supposed to be a Liahona (not sure why really, and I can't remember who it was sent to). The other two showed his obsession at the time with meat eaters and sharp teeth. See the Corn-ivore pictures if you need your memory refreshed.


This second set of cards (as I'm sure you can guess) didn't get completed until mid-October. However the Engineer has been learning new art techniques in school (again, I'm sure you could tell) and his methods have been influenced by them. He told me that he had learned about using a "reisst" (i.e. crayon) to keep other mediums (his words I promise you) like markers from sticking. He has also learned that "works of art" have titles. Thus without further ado I present to you (beginning with the jack-o-lantern and its friends the spiders) Jack-o-lantern Retaliation, The Thrown Room (see the two teeny tiny thrones in the bottom center?), below that is Police Car Interior, and finally Secret Battle-stations Portal. I hope I remembered all of the names correctly. If you received one and it is different please let me know.
I love to see how his skills have developed and changed overtime and Miss Manners would be pleased that even though they were terribly late the Thank-You notes did still go out.

2 comments:

Lotte said...

How clever of him! Griffin loved his card. So funnY!

Jill said...

You are so good to teach your sons about writing thank you notes. I wish I had been more consistent in teaching my boys this oh so important task.

With What Shall We Fix It?