Renewing my spirit

Today was a great day. Already I'm showing that I'm a person of extremes *smile*. There were 8 sunbeams at church today and I hope they had fun I know I did. I was really taken off guard by the intensity of their interest when I showed them the picture of Samuel the Lamanite standing on the city wall. Note to self, 3 year olds think bows and arrows are really cool.

My little Engineer had a pretty good day too, although I think he struggles with my adventures in cooking. He really likes everything to be familiar. I hope that as he grows older he will be able to use his experiences with new and changing things to better adapt to the changing world he will grow into.

I had a great moment with Mr. Comedian. During Sacrament meeting I pulled out the cards showing the different presidents of the church and was showing them to him and whispering the names to him. When we began he only knew one and by the time the Sacrament had been passed he recognized 3.

Monster Baby is so much fun! I love the moments when he is just happy to be in the same room with us doing his own thing. Tonight he was playing with at truck, pushing it across the floor and making motor sounds. When he tired of that he just moved onto another area of the room. Mostly I think he likes to know that others are around and doesn't like being in a room by himself.

Well it is time for me to head to bed. I am so not ready for daylight savings time. At least I have a week to get ready for it. Good night!

1 comments:

Mom of 5 Gents said...

Great idea to look at the pictures of the prophets during sacrament. You are one smart momma!

Now that your week is nearly over, do you feel prepared to "spring ahead" tomorrow? I'm not looking forward to it, but thankful that we have afternoon church this year. :)

With What Shall We Fix It?