Functioning on Low lately....

So lately (as evidenced by the lack of posting here) we've been (okay I've been) functioning on low.  Not coping well with the stresses of life and becoming a bit of a turtle stuck in my shell.  So today....I'm going to go back to what I know works for me and notice

Today's Accomplishments
*  Made french toast for breakfast for all three boys 
*  woke up and got dressed (yep lately that is a huge accomplishment)
*took Mr. Music Man lunch, kids to the park for a few hours, finally bought toothbrushes (don't ask how long that has been on the list), did a bit of grocery shopping, shook money out of the piggy bank, and bribed paid the children to do cleaning jobs....

50 cents--bathroom fully cleaned
                sweep and mop kitchen
                vacuum and dust living room


5 cents--put silverware away from dishwasher
              sort laundry
              fold one load of laundry




Gratitude

* True friends who show they care; not just say they care and move on.  Those who help me to carry the heavy burdens and not just tell me they know I can do and that I am strong.

* Prayer....

* So grateful my Tiny Tyrant is okay after his fall last weekend....although I wince everytime I look at the mottled bruising all over his face.......



Memorable Moments
*  My sweet Comedian who is encouraging me to orchestrate a family adventure

*Goose the visiting cat asking when the house will be clean...or barring the house just his litter box.

*The Engineer and the Comedian both figured out how to pump on the swings by themselves today.  Later the Engineer told me that he was sure glad he "trusted" me and kept going even when he didn't seem to be moving much.  The Comedian wants to build swings at out own house.....hmmm...something to think about...





Hopefully I'll add to this throughout the day but if not. . . .All is Well!

0 comments:

With What Shall We Fix It?