Nine Years Ago......

I woke up not remembering when my mind finally calmed down and I drifted off to sleep. It had stormed all night long and the winds had blown branches every which way. Then I remembered that today was THE DAY!!!!

It was beautiful, sunny and full of anticipation. Friends and family had traveled from far away and far-far away to celebrate ....

with a boy.....


and a girl.... (who was only an hour late for the ceremony)


as they pledged their love for each other and joined their lives together for all time.



Mother Nature even joined in the celebration and had a Monarch butterfly newly out of its chrysalis bless the bride as it dried its wings before taking flight.


I've been told that in some cultures the butterfly symbolizes rebirth into a new life after being inside a cocoon for a period of time.



I think there just might be something to that.......

5 comments:

DJ Thunder said...

This was a very wonderful day to remember, and I know I will never forget it. The weather was even on our side :)

Colleen Goodsell said...

Love it!!!! June 10th is a special day for me, too. Six years ago today, we had our first communication with Sarah's birth mother and found out we would be parents in a matter of weeks. It was a gorgeous day and nature rejoiced with us, too! Happy ninth anniversary!

Jill said...

June 10th was my parents' anniversary too. 58 years ago today!
Amazing picture of that butterfly on you. A few days before I learned how many babies my daughter in law was carrying, a few butterflies were swarming around my head when I went to get the mail that day. I don't ever remember that happening to me before. I wondered if it had something to do with the babies since I heard they mean new life. I don't even remember how many butterflies there were that day...2 or 3...but getting that close to me?! Your picture reminded me of that.

Gombessa said...

Yes, I remember that day, too, congratulations!!! I was only 16 at the time though, and working at the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. My parents picked me up on the way north. You looked great! Congratulations!

Catherine Cazier said...

Nice to see your post. Congrat! James and I were married 8 years on the 7th so just a few days ago but with all the moving and Sunday was a big day for our little branch our anniversary was kind of forgotten. Other than I happy anniversary to each other and a kiss that was the exstent this year. But I think James says we can make up for it once we get to the states and are on vacation. Congrats again!

With What Shall We Fix It?