Butterfly Out-takes

So while having a Monarch butterfly bless the bride as it dries its wings is way cool and a neat remembrance of the day. It wasn't all nature, love and beauty. It was still a sticky, wet insect crawling all over my face. Did you know that butterflies have a claw like structure on the bottom of their feet that feels like they are pricking you with little pinpoints everytime they move?

So here are some of the other moments as the butterfly prepared itself to be able to take off on its first flight.....


And what about this lovely shot where it looks like I have a butterfly shaped growth on my neck?

What you don't see in any of the pictures is my friends holding onto my hands to keep me from swatting it away. I didn't want to swat it but the urge was pretty uncontrollable based on the way it felt on my skin.

So now you know the truth.....


I love butterflies.....


but....



prefer to admire them from afar!

3 comments:

8pizza said...

Wild and crazy!!!!!

DJ Thunder said...

You were an awfully good sport as I remember your friend with the camera urging you to not swat it, as it would make for a great picture :)

Montana Blakes said...

Your butterfly story makes a great analogy to motherhood (or any other worthwhile endeavor.) Thanks for sharing! (What a beautiful bride you were/are!)

With What Shall We Fix It?