Commitment or Fudge?

So sometime in January when we were having some kind of freaky Spring weather break.  ( It was in the 50's and 60's and we were running around outside without any jackets and talking about pulling the bikes out of storage, oh and thinking about planting a garden--I even bought the seeds)  I read about the Mom's going to Orlando planning to do a 5K.  Corey even challenged me ( and you, and your neighbor, and your sister's neighbor) to join them and run our own 5K wherever we were.  I was EXCITED! 

I thought to myself, "Self!  You can do this!  You can come home after church and run back and forth along the river-walk (It's a mile each way) and then call and have Mr. Music Man and the kids pick you up on the other end of the trail as you start your last mile." 

And my self said, "OH YEAH!  We are going to DO THIS!"


So I emailed Corey and said I was in.  Of course the next day it snowed and I was welcomed back to the reality of a Northern Utah Winter.  But I didn't care  I started visiting the rec center more often and working out in my Living Room and my self reassured me saying, "Surely by the 2nd week of March the Spring weather will be back again."  And I kept working out and feeling pretty good.  A friend even said (and I quote), "She put on her ninja suit and she’s kickin’ it and she is doing a fine job of it, too."  Which is taken slightly out of context but she did say it about me and so she can consider me posting it her consequences for talking about me in front of ya'all's faces.(And if you don't know what that means you don't read enough, truly!)

Then came the Saturday before the Orlando 5K and this is what we were doing outside that day:

Uhm, yeah and I committed to run a little over 3 miles the next morning and the Rec Center in town is not open on Sundays here.  So I got creative and this is the Wii and me after finishing my 5K Sunday night.

(and yes you are seeing a few Christmas Decorations that have not yet been laid to rest sitting on the mantle still)

Then the other day I went and made a commitment to Kiss refined sugars goodbye and I've done pretty good so far, except for gum.....and that's not real sugar so it doesn't count right?

What have you committed yourself to lately?

And did you have to fudge the rules to keep it?

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Good job! I have decided to lose 10pounds by May. Unfortunately, now I'm in the mood for fudge for some reason. :)

Grandma Honey said...

I'm impressed!!

Lindsay Mama to Nine said...

Way to go Girl! Love the term "ninja suit"! Hows the sugar thing going? I do soo much better on weekdays...weekends are my weekness...
Keep er up your doing AWESOME!

Annie said...

Well, during Lent I committed myself to not spending as much time on the computer. And, I didn't. I didn't read many blogs or write in mine much, even though I'd "allowed" that (just no facebook, or surfing, etc.) However, it didn't work out so well...i.e. I didn't feel more peaceful or get much done; I just didn't get to connect with anyone. Oh, well. Time for a new commitment, I guess.

Aunt Suzi Quilts said...

Wow!! Well, you are sure way more motivated than I am. I hope all is going well with things.

With What Shall We Fix It?