Tra-la-la la-la-la -- Life goes on. . . .

Things are still really tough here and yet we are making our best efforts at keeping life moving and working hard at finding joy each and every day.  A few days ago I commented to a friend that I did not know if we would ever find "GLEE" in our life again.  Yet, there is joy in our life it is just more sparsely peppered in amongst the heartache and pain right now.

Some things that have been soul healing are long walks with the boys looking at the birds in the nearby nature preserve, playing at the park (the weather has been wonderful, healing sunshine, cooling breezes, and wonderful spring flowers beginning to color the world), we've been (albeit slowly) weeding flower beds and beginning to think about planting some veggies.

It has been a work in progress but I think we have a good plan for the re-design of the boys' room.  They want it to be blue, green and yellow (which in and of itself is a wee bit of a design challenge).  But when you throw in the dinosaurs, volcanoes, hot lave, sunshine, star cruisers, etc. . . .it gets to be a bit much.  We went and got the rest of the paint today and got about half of the blue painted. 

Painting the room was a fun thing, all of the boys were excited and wanted to "help" with each and every step.  Whilst I was shopping for supplies I swear I was inspired to pick up some watercolors for the Tyrant.  So while we were painting with the real latex paint, he used his water colors to decorate a wall we were not ready to paint yet.  I have hope that it might look nice when it is all finished.  I'll post pics when we get to that stage.

In other news, the Comedian was recognized by his Teacher as having "The PERFECT Paper" of the day.  He was so proud of himself.  The recognition was accompanied by a free certificate for a kids meal at Texas Roadhouse.  So that is where we went for lunch today.  I honestly was not impressed with the food but the atmosphere was nice and most importantly Mr. Comedian felt really great about himself.

Mr. DJMan is out again tonight.  He's playing for a small High School's Prom.  I'm glad he enjoys his second job and with all of the challenges lately the extra money will be nice but I really miss him when he's gone.

Please keep us in your prayers. . . .

1 comments:

Momof3 said...

Yeah, I was not impressed with their food either or the peanut shells while waiting for a table. We went for an annivesary dinner for my inlaws so we went for the company which we DID enjoy.

With What Shall We Fix It?